Five Pre-Season Snow Season Tips
- Develop a comprehensive pre-season snow and ice removal plan
- Identify existing conditions and trouble spots
- Establish a plan for how you will remove snow and ice and who will do so.
- Identify when removal will take place in correspondence with when the snow falls
- Weather Mats: place weather mats at all entrances to the building for a distance of 40 feet. These mats should be placed in both directions to catch snow and water when entering and exiting.
- Machinery & Equipment: inspect all equipment from the last snowfall and develop a full maintenance makeover.
- Salt: cannot stress the importance of purchasing sufficient salt well ahead of time and of managing its distribution wisely.
- Consider hiring a snow removal contractor.
#greenearthinc #landscapedesign #snowremoval #maryland