Protecting your Landscape from Insects
For the best possible health to your landscape, prevention is the best way to avoid insect pests. There are many non-chemical management techniques that can be used to help prevent unwanted insects from even causing a problem. The best treatment is to keep plants in general good health. Steps to help keep healthy plants and avoid insects:
- Choose your plants carefully.
- Plant varieties that are resistant to common pests.
- Promote diversity by selecting plants that are resilient to different pests.
- Promote the general health of your plants through proper care
- Encourage natural enemies in the insect world. Insects eat other insects, and if you promote competition in that way, the populations will remain lower, and there will be less focus on your plants.
#greenearthinc #landscapedesign #summer #maryland